247 Delaware Avenue
Delmar, NY 12054
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
9:10 a.m. - 3:20 p.m.
Budget Vote: May 21, 2013 at BCHS, 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
• School Budget Vote & District Election, BCHS Gym, 7 a.m.-9 p.m.
• Board of Education Meeting, 7 p.m.
• Memorial Day, No School/Offices Closed
• Elsmere Art Show, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
• Grade 5 "Survivor Day" at Town Park
• Elsmere Senior Assembly
• Grade 4 NYS Science Test, Written Test
Letter from the Principal
Principal Kate Kloss talks about the school's mission statement, Healthy Kids Week and the upcoming budget vote and Kids Vote Too event. READ MORE »
Photo Gallery: K-3 Math Nights
In late April, Elsmere students, parents and staff gathered together for two math nights for grades K-1 and 2-3. VIEW PHOTOS »
Photo Gallery: April Learning, Playground Fun & Garden Clean-up
Elsmere students and staff enjoy learning, spend some time on the playground and participated in the school's spring garden clean-up. VIEW PHOTOS »
Letter from the Principal
Principal Kate Kloss talks Healthy Kids Week, the spring concert and class placements for next year. READ MORE »
Summer Enrichment Enrollment is now open!
Summer Enrichment Camp is open to students entering grades 3-8 next September and now parents can enroll using the convenient ands secure mySchoolBucks program. READ MORE »
Memorial planned for longtime Elsmere Principal Dorothy Whitney
Elsmere Elementary School and the Bethlehem community lost a friend, teacher, mentor and beloved principal with the death of Dorothy Whitney on February 19, 2013 after a long illness.The current and retired faculty and staff of Elsmere Elementary School invite the community to join us as we honor Dorothy Whitney who faithfully served as our principal from 1984-2003. READ MORE »
Photo Gallery: Early March Events, CAPER & Read Across America Day
Elsmere students and staff have had a lot of fun in early March including a CAPER event, a K/1 math night and Read Across America day. VIEW PHOTOS »
Important Arrival and Dismissal Safety Reminders
• When visiting school during the day, please pay close attention to where you leave your car. We realize that there are times when there are not enough designated parking spots available. If that happens and you are forced to leave your car in a place that is not a designated parking spot, please make sure that your car is far enough out of the way of traffic so that our school buses have room to enter and maneuver in our parking lot. Carpooling is highly recommended.
• Cars may not be driven into or out of our parking lot during the times of bus activity – 9-9:15 a.m. and 3:15-3:30 p.m. Also, never pass a school bus when its red lights are flashing. Not only does it make things unsafe for our students, it is against the law.
• A permission note is required for your child to walk or ride a bike from school. If a blanket note covering the year is sent in, please make sure you work with your child in advance what he/she should do when taking a bus is required (rain, snowstorm, etc). New notes are only required only when there is a change in plans.
Thank you for your continued cooperation.
A reminder for our fifth grade parents...
Some of you may receive e-mail notices from our school. These are sent via our School News Notifier (SNN) system, which you are not automatically enrolled in, and must sign up for on your own.
You may be enrolled in the Elsmere message list, but keep in mind that as your student transitions to the middle school, you'll need to sign up for the BCMS message list. READ MORE »
A guide to seasonal influenza
Flu season is upon us! To make sure that we have healthy, happy students in our schools, please take some time to go over this seasonal flu guide for parents or read this educational information from New York State regarding the flu [PDF].
If you are picking up your child from school, please notify the office before 3. Parents or authorized adults are asked to wait in the library for their child no earlier than 3:10. In the fall of each year, Parents should send in a list of others authorized to pick up their student (i.e, neighbors, grandparents, etc.) For the safety of your child, please be prepared to show identification when picking up your child. Thank you for your cooperation in helping to insure an orderly and safe dismissal for all children.
2012-13 Parent Handbook
More Elsmere News